Fall registration will open in August. Spring registration begins in February. Look for information from your daughter’s school or Click Here . To view an existing schedule, please select the appropriate time frame to the right of your school district from the list below:
Program OverviewGirls on the Run of Northeast Tennessee, Inc offers the Girls on the Run and Girls on Track programs throughout the eastern eight counties of Tennessee. Although the program works extremely well as an after school program, it does not exclusively operate in that manner. A site need only meet the requirements below to offer the program which means that a church, YMCA, Boys and Girls Club, etc. could become a Girls on the Run of Northeast Tennessee location.
Site RequirementsGirls on the Run of NE Tennessee provides almost everything needed to run the program, each site is required to provide the following:
- Provide a Site Liaison who serves as the link between the program site and Girls on the Run staff. Additionally, this person will spearhead marketing and promotion efforts at the site, coordinate registration forms and fees and answer any question that arise.
- Provide a safe, dedicated space for running. THIS IS ESSENTIAL. This does not have to be a track. A field is fine. However, there is a need to measure off part of the area for occasions when lessons require running a certain distance, e.g. 1 mile, 5K, etc. We also ask that the space is NOT in conflict with other programs.
- Provide a rain site. Indoor, private, preferably a gym or cafeteria reserved for GOTR® and NOT in conflict with other programs.
- Determine plan for identifying participants.
- Identify participants. Distribute registration forms to 3rd through 5th grade girls for Girls on the Run or 6th through 8th grade girls for Girls on Track.
- Provide two coaching candidates per team for your site. Each coach will be required to attend one day of Girls on the Run® training in and become First Aid and CPR certified. Coaches must be available two afternoons per week. Girls on the Run staff can help identify coaches; however we can not add your site as a location until two coaches are identified.